Welcome to S H Jones Wines
This family-owned business has been selling wines and spirits to discerning customers throughout the Cotswolds and beyond since 1848. It has been in the ownership of the Jones family since 1886 with recently appointed director, Harry Jones, the fifth generation to work in the business. From the beginning a large proportion of the company’s business has been supplying the on-trade, and we continue to serve pubs, hotels and restaurants throughout the Midlands and the south of England.
The company took premises on Banbury High Street in 1913, and opened a further shop in Leamington in the late 1990s. A second outlet was then opened in Banbury, the Cellar Shop, attached to our large warehouse on the Tramway Estate. In early 2016, after much consideration, the business in the High Street was relocated to an expanded Cellar Shop, not much more than a mile away. This venue has plenty of parking, enabling customers to collect or talk to our sales team as they wish.
In 2013 SH Jones expanded into the on-line market with the purchase of first Hawkshead Wines and then Slurp, IWC Direct Merchant of the Year 2012. After a period of consolidation the shops and internet side of the business were separated out from the wholesale operations and re-branded “slurp”.
The wholesale business continues to thrive under the SH Jones banner. There been a lot of change but the company retains its family ethos and a desire to work in partnership with its suppliers throughout the world and its loyal customers in the UK.